Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Craftyness!




Here are a few of the things that I've been working on for Christmas this year.

The girls in the high school B-study that I lead decided to exchange hand made presents. I decoupaged the cover of the journal. The tree was cut out by hand, the birds were cut using a Martha Stewart punch and modified with scissors, and the quote is stamped.

The quote, "I am not what I once was," comes from a Latin phrase. I read an article in the New York Times online about university classes being taught in a prison. This quote in Latin was on the wall.

Under the tree is the gift that I gave Matt. It is six bottles of wine and a bottle of cologne. Each one has a hand made tag specifying when the bottle can be opened, such as "First Snow" and "While Planning a Trip." The cologne, Acqua di Gio, which smells like goodness and heaven and puppy dog tails, has a tag that says, "Whenever I want." "I" referring, of course, to me!

Thanks to the great guy at the local wine shop, Divino, for picking out all of the delicious wines for Matt.

That is just a few of the crafts from this Christmas, but I have already had some inspiration for next Christmas. I can't tell you what it is, but I will give you a clue -- pineapples!



No comments: